If you yearn for seaside serenity and a luxuriously comfortable place to escape to, Abalone House Boutique Hotel is just 90 minutes drive from Cape Town.
Whether you are looking for a quirky hideaway, an intimate conference venue or an elegant place to host a small wedding celebration, you’ll go far to beat the five-star charm of Abalone House & Spa. Situated in the picturesque coastal village of Paternoster on the Cape West Coast, Abalone House makes guests feel pampered and totally at home.
Luxury accommodation in ten suites that caters for every indulgence, decadent decor and four areas to relax, socialise over drinks or savour delightful culinary feasts – what more could you ask for. Abalone House’s inviting public areas are filled with beautiful antiques, vibrant colours and quirky decorative finishes.
Healing Earth Spa
Abalone House’s Healing Earth Spa offers unique signature treatments available exclusively to guests with a menu that is a first for Africa. Read more about the Healing Earth Spa under the SPA tab.
What makes Abalone House special?
• Accommodation in one of ten sumptuous suites, some with sea views or private relaxing spaces.
• Socialise and swop tall stories around the oversized fireplace in the African Lounge.
• Enjoy a cocktail, glass of red or a tumbler of one of the top single malt whiskies and brandies on offer in the new bar at Reuben’s Restaurant.
• Languish over breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea in the sun-splashed Reuben’s Restaurant.
• Indulge in a decadent dinner in the Reuben’s Restaurant with its high backed velvet chairs and crystal chandeliers.
• Bask in the sun while drinking in the fresh sea air and glorious sea views from the new deck leading off Reuben’s at Abalone House.
• Cool off in the elegant plunge pool or take it easy in the sunny sheltered garden courtyard.
• Spoil yourself with a pampering treatment at the Healing Earth Spa.
• Enjoy a glass of French champagne amid Jacuzzi bubbles on the wooden roof deck overlooking the sea.
• Peruse the books and DVD’s in the well-stocked library that doubles as a small conference room.
Abalone House is also eco-friendly wherever possible. That means we use solar power to heat water, recycle all kitchen refuse and keep water to a minimum. Abalone House grows its own herbs.
Pet-friendly policy and notice
Please take note that Abalone House & Spa has two resident house cats; Trixie and Chelsea. We take every precaution to ensure that these beloved pets do not disturb our guests' stay. Also note that we do permit small dogs (on a leash) to accompany visitors to our restaurant, however guests are expected to dine on the deck. Please contact us for further information.