If you have always dreamed of an intimate beach wedding where you and your guests are treated to a memorable five star experience, the Abalone House Boutique Hotel offers this and much more in a charming seaside setting.
Situated within the charming fishing village of Paternoster on the Cape West Coast, the opulent Abalone House will ensure every aspect of your special day is extravagant, indulgent and unforgettable.
Here you can turn a smaller wedding from a one-day occasion into an intimate weekend celebration with family and friends! Ideal for stylish destination weddings, Abalone House can host between 20-40 guests depending on venue choice. Abalone House boasts ten magnificent luxury suites, designed around a tranquil, central courtyard. Additional self-catering accommodation for guests is available in South of Africa’s selection of cottages in Paternoster.
What sets Abalone House apart is its unashamedly decadent Bohemian designer decor. Here, modern furnishings blend easily with antiques and Persian rugs, deep jewel tones enhance stone floors and vibrant artwork while old silverware finds its place alongside crystal chandeliers, objets d’art and feather fringed lamps. Wooden ceilings and huge fireplaces dominate central areas and dance with warmth in winter.
Past Wedding Galleries
Abalone House gives credit to the talented photographers whose images are displayed in the gallery above. Below are links to their websites with extensive galleries of each glamorous affair.
• Elizabeth & Riaan - Photographs by Expressions
• Meghan & Keith - Photographs by Dewald Kirsten
• Sandra & Wouther - Photographs by Herman Agenbag
Wedding couples have the choice of selecting three different venues to celebrate their wedding ceremony and reception at Abalone House. All these options offer outstanding opportunities to capture beautiful photographic images:
• The exquisite white beaches of Paternoster are just a few minutes’ walk from Abalone House and form the ideal background for a romantic outdoor beachside wedding next to the Atlantic Ocean.
• The Reuben’s Restaurant with its opulent furnishings, rich colours and crystal chandeliers can seat between 20-40 guests.
• The tranquil garden courtyard with potted plants and a pool offers a sheltered space for your wedding celebration.
Summer is the ideal time to plan a beach wedding, especially during the warm months of February, March and April. With its Mediterranean climate, the Cape West Coast does not often have rain in summer, as the days are dry and hot.
When booking your wedding at Abalone House, we shall pamper and spoil the lucky couple from the moment they arrive! Since we want to celebrate the occasion with you, you’ll enjoy a complimentary first wedding night in our Superior Sea View suite, with your own private balcony and breathtaking sea views. *
Guest comfort always tops the list at Abalone House, but for the wedding couple, we’ll take the pampering even further with gorgeous champagne, chocolates and other homely luxuries. Abalone House even has a rooftop Jacuzzi overlooking the sea, where your wedding guests can relax, or the VIP couple can enjoy romantic cocktail sundowners for two.
The Executive Chef at Abalone House will gladly discuss mouth-watering menu options to enhance the day, while our team of professionals can assist with arranging a wedding ceremony on the beach, or advise on the myriad other arrangements.
Wedding guests will also be eligible for a discounted accommodation rate in both Abalone House and South of Africa’s self-catering cottages.
E-mail us at email@example.com to discuss how we can make your day exceptional.
Why choose Abalone House for your wedding?
• Just 90 minutes from Cape Town in the quaint West Coast fishing village of Paternoster, Abalone House is perfect for a smaller destination wedding.
• This welcoming Boutique Hotel has loads of ambience to enhance an intimate wedding of between 20-40 people.
• Ten superb suites with additional accommodation for guests in the nearby selection of South of Africa self-catering cottages.
• Striking backdrops, artwork and stylish interiors ensure a truly memorable wedding album.
• The opulently furnished Reuben’s Restaurant is a luxurious reception venue for 20-40 people.
• Our rooftop Jacuzzi offers another relaxing space for the romantic honeymoon couple to enjoy cocktails or French champagne.
• Exquisite chef-inspired cuisine, using the best local fresh produce to create dishes and delight your guests.
* Please note that the Complimentary Night for the Wedding Couple is subject to the entire Abalone House booked for your weddings. Terms and Conditions apply.